"This is the cleanest board I've seen, with no leaning caps, solder smudges or cockeyed volume control..."
"We listened to the new Leonard Cohen single Want it darker... We never heard it more beautiful!"
"ALLO have really gone to town on this design as a system in it's entirety..."
"ALLO has done a very good job with its devices. The build quality seems very good."
The TPA3118 class D amplifier IC is a leap in terms of audio quality.
Our board is a high quality implementation of the stock design.
- Using TPA3118 (better grounding of main IC)
- Anti-Pop circuit
- Bootstrap snubber mod
- Brand name components as per picture
- Radio avoidance switch (to reduce interference)
Note that PCB comes in 2 flavors:
1. Volt is a shield and beneath it has connector that will plug into our DACs (Piano 1.1 and Piano 2.1). It has no RCA inputs. (Capacitance Multiplier can be added as a standalone board).
2. Volt+ is a standalone amplifier with RCA IN (stereo). In addition to everything that the Volt has, we have added a circuit in the power supply that will reject spikes and noise to about 60db. The name of the circuit is "Capacitance Multiplier". Please note that Class D amplifier needs a quiet PSU.
Volt+ can be used with our DACs through the RCA input, as a standalone board.
Unlike our competitors that blindly copy the THD+N and SNR from datasheet, the files here show the real and tested characteristics of our Volt+ at different W of output power.
Note that in most cases we beat the THD+N and SNR from TI designed, evaluation board.
|Output||2 x 50W (Max) into a 4 to 8-Ω BTL Load|
|Class D Operation||90% POWER EFFICIENCY|
|Supply Voltage||UP TO 24V DC|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to 85°C Ambient|
|Board Size||LWH = 82.83mm * 125.5mm * 40.2mm|
|DC Connector Size||3mm x 7.3mm|
|Mating Plug Size||3mm x 6.5mm|
See how we clean the power, by reviewing these documents:
CLICK HERE FOR AUDIO SUPPORT
(You will be directed to ComputerAudiophile where we have centralized our support center)
Copyright © Allo.com - All Rights Reserved